Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Meat Ball Pasta

Its almost the end of year 2011. This year went by really fast. I am so glad that I have this last week off..... I can relax,have some 'me' time and just sit home and do nothing:) Hence, I decided to update our blog..

" Meat Ball Pasta" aka "Pasta with meat balls and Cheese (of your choice)". I know the name of this recipe sounds very generic. I did not follow any recipe for this. This is my own creation, so I took the liberty to call it with a name of my choice. This is something I make occasionally, and every one at home seems to like it a lot.

Ingredients for this recipe are the following:
1. Pasta (tubular shaped) -See the picture below
2. Mozzarella Cheese(or any cheese of your liking that we normally use for lasagna)
3. Meat balls(store bought or home made)
4. Spaghetti Sauce - 1 and half jar (I used meat flavored)
5. Garlic Cloves-2
6. Butter-1 table spoon
7. White Onion - half of 1


Preparation:
1. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package (al dente) and drain it. Be careful not to over cook your pasta.
2. While your pasta is cooking, take a large non-stick pan. Melt 1 table spoon of butter and sautee chopped garlic cloves and onion.
3. Add 1 big jar of spaghetti sauce to the sauteed onion and let it simmer on medium heat.
4. Cook the frozen meatballs in microwave(according to package instructions). Add them to the spaghetti sauce and let it cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add drained pasta to the meatball sauce and mix them well. Then add about 3/4 th cup of cheese and let it melt.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
7. Add pasta and meatball mixture to oven baking dish. Then pour about half a jar of spaghetti sauce on top of it and spread evenly.
8. Then add rest of the cheese on top of the sauce. I added a little Parmesan cheese as well on top.
9. Cover the dish with Aluminum foil, and bake it for 20 to 25 minutes.




I hope you all enjoy this. This is a quick and easy recipe.

1 comment:

  1. Look so good! And so easy to make! I will def. try to make it later! Thanks for sharing! Nice pictures too!

    ReplyDelete