Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My Weekend Success




One fine Friday afternoon, My cousin and I went to my favorite sushi place, Wasabi for lunch. By that morning i already knew what i was going to get - Lunch special sushi rolls - salmon avocado, white spicy tuna and crab something(my cousins choice). I naturally thought she was going to choose sushi too, but instead she said she wanted real food. go figure! So she looked at the lunch boxes and finally ordered Beef Negimaki. She said she One friday afternoon, My cousin and I went to my favorite sushi place, Wasabi for lunch. By that morning i already knew what i was going to get - Lunch special sushi rolls - salmon avocado, white spicy tuna and crab something(my cousins choice). I naturally thought she was going to choose sushi too, but instead she said she wanted real food. go figure! So she looked at the lunch boxes and finally ordered Beef Negimaki. She said she doesn’t know what it is but wants to give it a try. So when it came i didnt even give it a second look, i was too concentrated on my sushi rolls. So finally she said, Jewls just try it and i did. It basically looked like a sushi roll except it was beef with scallions inside. I had one bite and was hooked, it was DEeeLISh!!! The first thing i thought was i need to learn how to make it, it would be perfect for my low carb diet. So last week during a slow day at work i printed off some recipes. Beef Negimaki - Sweet Potato Chicken curry and a Beef Marinade.

So this weekend i followed the recipes for both and then with the left over beef and scallions, i made a stir fry - i followed Pheeb's recipe of beef n chrysanthemum something that she had posted a while back.

BEEF NEGIMAKI



BEEF W/SCALLIONS

CHICKEN & SWEET POTATO CURRY


3 comments:

  1. Everything looked so good! Especially the Chicken Curry. Beef negimaki(japanese), is similar too beef gulgogi(korean), is one of Andrew's favorites! I once made the gulgogi, but only once! Maybe you should come over to cook for us, Chef Julee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry but i only cook for important peeps. I'm going to send these pics to Padma, maybe i can be in the next Top chef Masters. :D hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did try the Beef Negimaki when I went to have sushi with my sister and it was reallly tasty!!! I got to look up the recipe and try it out..

    ReplyDelete